Tuesday, January 18, 2011

York St. Cafe

I have always thoroughly enjoyed this place.  This visit was no difference.  I went on a quiet night during the week with a friend of mine shortly after there was a Groupon offered for York St.  I'll apologize right away - my camera battery died so no pics!

We were seated right away in the intimate restaurant and very attentive server quickly got our drink orders in - wine for the both of us (cost: $7.50 a glass each)- along with an order of hummus for an appetizer (cost: $5.00).   The hummus is homemade and I believe is made with kalamata olives giving it a different, salty twist.  The warm pita bread served with the hummus is delicious (another acquaintance of mine, praises it to be the best pita in the city).  My only small complaint is that we had to ask for more so we could finish our hummus.

For dinner I ordered my tried and true favorite, The Mediterranean pasta (cost: $18.00).   This pasta is one of my favorite pasta dishes in the area - it has feta, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, tomatoes, and garlic tossed in olive oil.  So simple yet oh, so delicious, it is quickly becoming comfort food for me.   My friend branched out and tried the Free Range Amish Chicken for the first time (cost: $23.00).  According to York St.'s menu the chicken is stuffed with bacon, onion and Gorgonzola cheese and topped off with a hard cider cream sauce.  She declared her meal to be the best chicken dish she has ever ordered from a restaurant and finished every last bite.

While York St. is on the pricier side of places I usually like to go, I always go back for the quality ingredients that make up the superb dishes.  
 




York St. Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment